Wednesday, November 14, 2007

An Update



I don't think I've ever been so nervous about a doctor's appointment before. I just can't guess what they'll say each time. I mean your cervix can't get longer at this point! As Matt was walking out the door for school he said, "Well, I guess drive yourself to the hospital and I'll meet you there later." Haha - we've been through this a couple of times before :) The suspense was killing me waiting in the room for my Dr. to come see me and do an ultrasound. I even got a headache and I started to get nauseous.

But..drumroll.... nothing has changed! Everything seems stable and the length of my cervix was the same as the last measurement two weeks ago. I was so relieved. So for now, I need to keep doing what has been working and that means medication and bedrest. I still need to get her to hang on for a few more weeks. I have another appointment in two weeks and we'll see what happens then.

I am feeling happy as this is the best news we could have received. It's an interesting feeling, though, how everything is out of your control. I'm not used to this! I feel helpless, guilty for just sitting around, and frustrated that there is no time table! But it is a good lesson for me to learn to accept help and the fact that some things are just out of our control and it's ok. What I would give to do the laundry or dishes (can you believe I'm saying this?) I am so grateful for Matt. He has handled everything so well and has been so supportive. He reminds me that the most important thing is that our daughter is healthy and comes at the appropriate time. It would be so much harder, physically and emotionally if he had a different attitude. Thanks, Matt! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. We are so so glad that the news is good.

    Stay in there for a bit more little girlie! We are thankful for you, but please come quite a ways after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete