Monday, November 19, 2007

The Nameless Christmas Stocking




I have been finding little projects to keep me busy. The problem is that I get them done so fast since I have all this time!

Last year, I made Christmas stockings for Matt and Me. I realized this year we could have an addition to our family! So my mom gathered up the supplies for me and sent me a little package so I would be able to work on a third stocking.

I thought a little snowman would be a perfect touch to the stocking. Maybe in a few years our little girl will know that snow is part of Christmas! I added a button-hole stitch around the appliques of our stockings. Matt's tree decorations fell off while traveling last year, so I need to find some trimmings for his tree. And I also need to find a carrot for the snowman's nose. And of course, stitch a NAME on the new stocking - but that probably won't be happening for a while!

Anyway, I had a lot of fun working on these and unfortunately I am at a stopping point for now until I can go to the fabric store and/or I have the baby!

3 comments:

  1. Cute Malerie! I'm glad there is SOMETHING you can do while you wait for little miss no name :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always try the traditional route to naming a baby. In the old days, parents would just call their child 'baby' until she was old enough to pick her own name or was married, which ever came first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I can do that, Corbin. Matt would probably bribe her to name herself Sabrina!

    ReplyDelete