Thursday, January 17, 2008

Curly Sue



I know I haven't posted anything in such a long time.  Here are some pictures of Madeline to hold everyone over until I figure out how to handle feeding, changing and comforting a newborn while fitting in everything else I should be doing :)

I just LOVE how curly Madeline's hair is after a bath.  What a cutie!

Today Madeline was a little fussy.  I wrapped her tight and started to sing to her.  She immediately calmed and stared into my face while I sang her primary songs.  I have felt such a bond with her - unlike anything I have ever felt. I was overwhelmed with gratitude for the gift and privilege of being a mother.

7 comments:

  1. Adorable pictures. How sweet. I was thinking of you today, your first day on your own! Hope things went well! You will be an amazing mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful! Congrats! You are such a wonderful mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They grow up so fast. Sometimes I feel like I blink and there is something new with Rachel! I am sure that you can totally relate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Malerie (and Mattand Madeline too!!!) Congratulations on your new precious baby. What a dollie! :) Just wanted to say HI and hope that you're enjoying life with a newborn! Hold on to it. Before you know it, they turn 1... and then, you cry. :)
    (ps if you send me you're e-mail, I send you a link to my blog)
    mbaddas@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a beauty! I miss her. You will make such good parents! We love you all, mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is so stinking cute. good job. I will need all the tips on how to raise girls ok?

    ReplyDelete
  7. In response to your comment... I use photoshop to do my digital scrapbooking. But you can use almost any photo editing software and there is a ton of free digital scrapbooking stuff online.
    I am proud of Matt for being such a good dad. :)
    Oh and have you read "Babywise"? I love it and it made all the difference for Makenna with eating and sleeping.

    ReplyDelete