Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Husband Tag

My stud of a husband

(Matt saw this picture and begged me to change it. I think it is funny and it's just like Matt to act goofy)

One of my friends "tagged" me with a post. So it's my turn to talk about my husband. Here goes...

1. What is his name? Matthew Christopher Weed

2. How long have you been married? 2 years and 9 months (wow...)

3. How long did you date? We dated for just over a year and were engaged for 5 months

4. How old is he? 25 (almost 26!)

5. Who eats more? Matt does. He usually finishes my meals when we go out (although he doesn't really eat that much)

6. Who said I love you first? Matt

7. Who is smarter? Matt is the brainiac, but I've definitely got some street smarts :)

8. Whose temper is worse? Neither one of us really has a temper

9. Who does the laundry? Me

10. Who does the dishes? Me (although when Matt does them, the kitchen and sinks look incredible)

11. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Matt used to...now he's on the couch...not because I'm mad at him, but because Madeline is up a lot!

12. Who pays the bills? Me

13. Who cooks dinner? Me, although I know Matt is capable - he survived as a bachelor and when we were dating he cooked for me...sneaky, Matt.

14. Who drives when you are together? Matt

15. Who is more stubborn? I think I probably am. Matt is very quick to admit when he has made a mistake or is wrong...it takes me a little longer!

16. Whose parents do you see the most? Neither :(

17. Who proposed? Matt

18. Who has more friends? Matt since he's mister popular and he actually leaves the house during the day!

19. Who has more siblings? I do. I am the youngest of 7 kids and Matt is the oldest of 5

Matt is an incredible person. Not only is he smart, handsome, funny, responsible, athletic and hard working, he is passionate, kind, genuine, sensitive and understanding. I have learned so much from him and he has been very patient with me as I try to improve. When I am emotional or in a bad mood, he doesn't hold it against me and will sit and listen to me. Even though he is incredibly busy with school, he always takes some time to spend with me. Matt is great with people. He is a terrific listener and is sincerely interested in people (why he'll make an outstanding doctor) People are drawn to Matt. His sense of humor doesn't hurt either. Matt is always striving to do what is right and to have the Spirit with him. He never misses a night of reading his scriptures. Now I get to see him in a new role as a daddy and only in a month, he has shown such love and devotion to his little girl. I have had so much fun with him the last few years and I am so grateful we are committed to each other so we can spend many many more together. Thanks for being a great friend, Matt. I love you!

1 comment:

  1. It makes me so happy to see that you are Matt are such a great couple. I have pretty much known Matt for as long as I can remember. We have been really good friends and we have fought (yes after years of hanging out in the same group there seem to be a lot of drama at times) and Matt was ALWAYS the first one of the boys to come appologize to the girls. (Yes most of the fights were girls against boys... funny memories :)
    Any way, this is a really long comment.. sorry.
    But on to Babywise. I started into it right away. I think that the most important thing for this age is to make her eat a full feeding. It was hard and sometimes I had to wipe her down with a wet wipe to keep her awake to eat. Then hold strong and only feed her every 2 1/2 hours. The second thing that I worked at when Kenna was that young is feeding her every 2 1/2 hours during the day. Even if she is sleeping wake her up! Then after a 10ish feeding at night put her down and let her sleep as long as she will. This will get longer and longer as she gets older. A couple more tips... don't get her right away if she crys in the middle of the night. I know that it is hard but if you can wait about 15 min. the chances are that she will fall back asleep on her own, and after a few nights she will stop waking up all together. The last tip for now is to try swaddling her when she sleeps. Makenna would always wake herself up, arms flapping around. If I wrap her super tight she sleeps much better. Keep working at it... I promise it is worth it!! Follow what the book says, and I am happy to answer any questions. Sorry about leaving a dissertation on your comments. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete