Monday, February 25, 2008

A Series of Events

From this...


To this...


I just found out one of my good friends is pregnant and I started thinking about when I was pregnant.  With the craziness of delivery, and figuring out a newborn I forgot that not too long ago I was very pregnant and now I'm not!  I loved being pregnant.  It was such an amazing and special experience.  I loved feeling Madeline move and grow inside me.  In the last few weeks, though, it became really uncomfortable.  At that point I was so ready to be done being pregnant :)  I remember Matt saying, "I don't think she's ever coming" I was hoping that wasn't a possibility.  And then after much anticipation, she was in our arms and a whole new experience began. I am in such awe of the miracle of life and that I was able to take part in it.  I am also very grateful for little Madeline and the joy she brings to Matt and me.  I have already learned so much from her.  (oh, and I'm really enjoying not being pregnant right now since I can enjoy Madeline on the outside!)

8 comments:

  1. Very sweet!! You have come a long way since Christmas...
    Madeline is soooo cute and I even caught a little double chin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a proud mommy. She is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Can't believe how much she has changed! She is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so sweet, Mal. I hope I'm as cute as you pregnant! I haven't felt any movements yet, but I can't wait!

    Hey, what's your email address? Maybe it would be easier to shoot you question by email rather than blogs...!

    I watched both the videos, and both were adorable. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Malerie! Leia just told me today you had a blog! Yeah. Madeline is soo cute. You're making me excited to get our little one here!! I'm so excited we can keep up on you now. Our blog is ohbewise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little Madeline is absolutely darling! Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These videos remind me of when Chloe was born...with our first everything was new, fresh, and constantly exciting! I loved that! You guys made a beautiful baby girl! Enjoy the sweetness...it is heart melting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen to that! I totally agree - being pregnant was an incredible experience.... and thankfully, a temporary one! It's nice to be able to see my feet again. And bonding is so much more feasible now that I can actually SEE Brianna! Do you ever feel like you're a little girl again, just playing with your doll? Dressing her up, totting her around, singing... although I guess my dolls never disrupted my sleep like this.... =) If you have any sleeping tips/tricks, I'm all ears!

    ReplyDelete