Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Beach Bums




Matt's family takes a yearly vacation to Newport Beach, CA. Madeline and I stayed up at the beach house for the whole week. Matt had to be at the hospital a lot, but managed to join us a few times. We had a blast! Madeline was a pretty good girl, but I soon realized this little turkey depends on a schedule and regular naps for her happiness. By the end of the week she was a grump. Despite the little attitude, her aunties and grandparents loved seeing her and they had a fun time playing. With the extra helpers, I managed to get a slight tan and finish the first two books of the Twilight series. Matt's dad took most of the pictures, but here are a few until I can get ahold of some more.

Thanks for the great vacation, guys! We loved seeing you.

Oh, and it took only two days, (of lots of crying and wanting to be held all the time) but Madeline is back to her 3 naps and 11 hour nights and going to bed without any wailing (most of the time). Serenity now....

8 comments:

  1. Madeline is such a sweetheart and I really miss having her in my arms. It was a week of heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Madeline got lots of love. What a fun family tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute pictures! I can't wait to see you guys again... in 5 months.. how depressing! Let me know how you like Eclipse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great trip! I also just finished Twilight and New Moon so on to Eclipse. They really suck you in!

    By the way, we had an overnight in San Diego on Monday so Tuesday Mike's uncle gave us the grand tour on our way to the airport. La Jolla and the surrounding areas are so beautiful and it looks like such a fun place to live!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy that she is back on a schedule for you! Go MOM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally know what you mean about off-schedules.... it seems like even one day of chaos means the next few days get out of whack. And that happens a lot around here, since we have so many in-law events we are obligated to attend (grrrrr) 3 naps and 11 hours at night - thats great! Brianna does 12 hours (7pm-7am), but there is always a break somewhere in there for a feeding, usually at 5am. I dont know what to do about it. I know she doesnt physically NEED it, but its a habit now. For both of us. [sigh]....
    I hope you know how lucky you are to get so much beach-time! I miss the ocean so much. I just love that feeling of breathing in the fresh salty air. Ill just live vicariously through your blog posts.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun and that Madeline is just beyond darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was so fun! I wish I was still there!

    ReplyDelete