Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Freshman Roommates and a Week Full of Fun

Matt had a week off between taking his board exams and starting his rotations. One of the benefits of living in beautiful La Jolla, is that people want to come visit! Two of my freshman roommates (and one husband) came to stay with us and we had a blast. A lot of time was devoted to the beach of course, but we found some time for a Padres game, disc golf, the zoo, BBQs, restaurants, and the Wii. Madeline was glad to have some new people around to play with. What a great week! Thanks for visiting, guys.
We missed our other three roommates. Two were due with babies and the other was in school. Here is a picture of all of us freshman year. So much fun and so much drama but we all are great friends and still keep in touch.
185 Fugal Hall BYU

9 comments:

  1. So much fun! Looks like you guys had a blast! That is really neat that you still hang out with your friends from your Freshman year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah! Now I wanna come visit too! And Brian is always looking for an excuse for a roadtrip.... how long are you guys going to be there? Another year? Maybe next summer - then the girls would be old enough to enjoy playing together :)
    is that Julianne in the freshman pic??! Ah - so funny! I wonder what she looks like pregnant... probably still thinner than me... :)
    I love your swim suit! Supercute. And, as always, your babe looks adorable. The gorilla pic is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Loved the pictures of your little fam. Madeline looks pretty happy tagging along with the adults.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! Your hair looks so blond in the picture at the bottom! See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mal- Seriously, how do you look so great in a swimsuit already!? You look darling, and it looks like a fun-filled week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great time! When will Matt know about his boards? I am sure he did fantastic!

    Well, I hope that you will still be living in La Jolla next July because Mike and I are currently planning Tour de California and will be taking a month long trip to drive up the California coast. We would love to stop by and see you and meet Miss Madeline. Hopefully it will work out.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all these pictures and especially that Madeline has already been to her first baseball game. I too noticed that Malerie looks as great as ever in a swimsuit and Matt looks so handsome in his wet suit (I'm his mother so I can say this.) Also, that freshman dorm picture makes me feel nostalgic...does time always have to keep passing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like such fun. Okay, I love that picture at the bottom. Hilarious. Glad you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah for freshman year! I'm so sad I couldn't come. We for real should plan a reunion in San Diego next summer and I'll drag both of my kids out there:) Then the kids could meet each other. I could use a little sand and sun right now.

    ReplyDelete