Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Communication Barrier

How do you tell a one year old she can't take her baby doll in the bath with her? I had very good reasons (one being the doll's body is stuffed), but as I started my explanation I quickly laughed, realizing it wouldn't appease her or make any sense! Game plan - get down to business and make the bath quick. Madeline normally loves taking baths, but as she was dragging her baby doll with her to the bathtub, I knew there was going to be a problem. Let's just say there was a lot of crying and trying to stand up in the tub while reaching for her dolly sitting nearby. Immediately after her bath, she grabbed her baby doll in a tight squeeze and was completely content.

It's fun being one...

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love that she loves her babydoll so much! I feel like I am missing all of these cute things that she is doing! We will have to plan trip to see each other before the beach in July. July seems so far away!
    P.S Her corolle doll smells so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you'd take my advice about monthly baths, this wouldn't be an issue

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet! Her doll is REALLY important to her, and I think that is the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mal, if you give in to Matt's advice about monthly baths... then I would suggest you make HIM stay with her all day during that last stinky week of the month!
    :)
    great pic - what a smile that girl has! Cute towel, too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get such a kick out of Madeline's relationship with her dolly...she will probably be a real natural as a mother...just like you, Malerie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Malerie! Thanks for looking me up. We definitely need to get together some time, being that we live less than 100 yards from each other. We'll have to find a free day somewhere between our husbands busy school schedules.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, what a cutie. She has the prettiest big brown eyes!

    ReplyDelete