Friday, January 16, 2009
Signs your Baby is Becoming a Toddler
- She holds any object up to her ear as a phone (a true girl)
- She gets upset in the grocery store because she wants to eat everything she sees on the shelves
- She throws fits on a regular basis - arching back, kicking legs, throwing herself on the floor (this can be turned on and off very quickly)
- She insists on doing everything herself and if you won't let her, she throws a fit.
- Life becomes a guessing game as you can tell she desperately wants SOMETHING, but everything you suggest is met with a frustrated cry
- She carries her baby doll everywhere in a tight hug patting it on the back.
- She dances whenever she hears music
- She mimics whatever you do.
- You get into giggling fits with her because something was so funny and her giggling makes you giggle and your giggle makes her giggle and the giggling just goes on.
- She wants to sing the same songs and read the same books over and over and over
- She watches for daddy to come home and when she sees or hears him coming she squeals with excitement and heads for the door.
- If you tell her no, she quickly shoves the thing she isn't supposed to be eating or playing with at you (like, mom, here, see? I'm not really eating it)
- She loves to cuddle and lay her head on your shoulder while combing her fingers through your hair
- She learns things at an incredible rate.
- As she gets older you start realizing she is becoming a really good friend who loves you unconditionally even when you're grumpy or make mistakes.
I'll definitely be adding to this list, but in the mean time I'm really enjoying Madeline becoming a toddler.