Monday, March 2, 2009

Crafty


While I was visiting Spokane, my mom helped me with a couple of sewing projects.  I really love Amy Butler fabrics and wanted to make Madeline and me dresses.  It was a lot of fun, but my dress turned out to be harder than expected.  Good thing my mom is such a pro at sewing!  It was really fun to spend time with my mom and sisters and come home with two fun dresses!  Thanks, Mom! 
note: Madeline does love her dress, it's just that on Sundays she misses one of her naps and as a result is extremely tired and grumpy by the time dinner rolls around...hence the crying and me looking so tired!

12 comments:

  1. so cute! I also am in love with Amy Butler. I love her patterns and fabric! Your dress turned out really good. And I totally hear ya on the nap thing. I always tell Chris that if I didn't have a testimony having small children would make me go inactive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just loved your dresses! i hope we can make one together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute fabrics and patterns! I wish I could sew a decent dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love both dresses. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. darlingdarling dresses. And I'm extremely jealous of the sewing ability - I have non. AND - I can relate on bemoaning the church schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabric too! Nice Job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dress is ADORABLE! We were thinking how funny it would be if our family tried to sew anything, much less those dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Mal! It is the 30 day shred.... I love it! Its hard not being able to go to the gym, but her video works well- its tough! haha. Your dresses are sooo cute! I wish we lived closer and could do projects together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both of those dresses! I must say that I am quite impressed. I would love to attempt a little girl dress, but I think I will have to wait for some instruction to attempt one for me. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are such cute dresses! Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete