Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Celebrate!


My parents sent me these tulips. First, having them around brings back all the giddy feelings of spring and I love it (I forget that there are actual separate seasons down here in southern California) Second, they remind me that I no longer have an incredible burden hanging over my head because I officially graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree! I'm a little hesitant to even mention it. I don't want it it to be a big deal because we left BYU almost 3 years ago when I had a year to finish and it's taken me this long to finally finish. But I'm done. No more nights staying up until 2:00am to finish my papers. No more turning down reading books or working on fun projects because the little voice in my head would tell me I should be working on my class. Free at last!

So to celebrate, Matt took me to the Melting Pot. It was so much fun to be served an amazing four-course meal without keeping a 15 month old in check, while my husband flirted with me and we dreamed about our future plans. Thanks for helping me celebrate, Matt. Happy graduation to me and happy spring to everyone!

Oh...Madeline dropped a fruit snack in the vase. That's what she's pointing to in the picture.

17 comments:

  1. yay! doesn't it feel so good? honestly i still have nightmares that i missed a final or that they forgot to tell me i need one more class... i wake up in a cold sweat and have to look at my diploma just to make sure it's real! CONGRATS!! you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! So thrilled for you!
    Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! That's awesome. Way to stick with it and graduate. I know so many girls who just kind of let it go :) Sounds like a fun date, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! That's awesome, Mal! It really says something about the kind of person you are to finish remotely. I wonder if I'd be as disciplined!

    And the Melting Pot?? What a great husband! Going there is one of my goals in life. :) Someday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS! That's awesome. Better late than never. My mom got married with just 1 yr to go, and didn't finish til she was like 40.

    Sounds like the night out was fun - soooo cute the way you talk about Matt.
    And the fruit snack in the vase - even cuter. Classic. I bet you'll find even more stuff in there everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS! That is a huge deal no matter the situation! You are awesome...way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha, I love the fruit snack. Congrats to you, that is such an accomplishment, you should be proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! It does feel good doesn't it? You are awesome. I'm so glad that you and Matt had a night out by yourselves. And the fruit snack did make me giggle. I agree that you will find new things every day in there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Mal! That is so exciting! I am glad you and Matt had fun at the Melting Pot, I still want to go there. I love the fruitsnack.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats little sister! Isn't it a good feeling to have that degree? Now you can focus on being the terrific mother, wife, and person you are. You always amaze me - I swear you got the bulk of the good genes and you are the most well-adjusted out of the bunch. I could learn a lot from you. Keep your eye on the fruit snack, i wonder how determined she is to get it back?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great job! i am so happy that you did mention it!congrats! you are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so awesome Malerie!!! Congratulations. Those independent study courses are brutal. It took me almost a year and a half to finish one independent study course. I'm impressed you did an entire year of courses. A big pat on the back for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it such a relief when you are done? Congratulations Mal!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! It doesn't matter how long it took you to finish, you did and that's a huge accomplishment! Enjoy your new found freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  15. CONGRATS!!! You told me about your year left when we first worked in Nursery together, and I am so happy for you that you are finally done!! You deserve MUCH more than flowers, smart girl :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, Malerie! This is wonderful. You will be glad you have your degree throughout your life.

    ReplyDelete