Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dumpster Diving


With my newfound freedom (see previous post) I'm making a list of projects I want to do. First was arranging some pictures in our living room since we didn't have any up of Madeline. Last week, while walking past our dumpster, I spotted this awesome beadboard frame (the one in the middle) and snatched it up. Around our complex, people leave things they don't want anymore by the dumpster or in the laundry rooms and they're up for grabs. Last year I saw this darling chair, that if recovered, would be absolutely stunning. I finally convinced myself we didn't have room for it, left it there and I've been sorry ever since. So I saw this frame and figured I could repaint it and it would look perfect in our living room. Matt thought it was pretty gross I found it by the dumpster, but hey, he shouldn't complain about having a frugal wife, right? :)

10 comments:

  1. No. No he should not. It looks awesome. Not like any dumpster frame I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cute! You did a great job. And do not be ashamed of dumpster diving. We have some lovely dumpster finds in our house, thanks to Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've done that with a few things. That's actually one of the only things I miss about an apartment! We got a great shelf unit once, that we still use in our garage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He definitely should not feel like that. That is a great find! Hyrum found Monopoly in the laundry room once and we have loved it! Are we trashy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute. We got an old fashioned school desk once by our dumpster. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Mal! It looks great! Isn't it rewarding to get a project like that done? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore it! I love how subtle your picture arrangement is and think you have a great knack for decorating. Thanks for the inspiration :-) Here's to being frugal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great Mal! The chair would have been cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it Mal - way to think outside the box - I'm excited to see all the other projects you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, you're recycling and saving the earth! Except if i tried to do that it wouldn't end up looking good...you have an eye for stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete