Sunday, May 17, 2009

I'm alive!

I did it. I went paragliding! I still can't believe it, but I did and it was awesome! For my last birthday, Matt gave me a gift certificate for tandem paragliding at Torrey Pines Gliderport. I've tried a couple of times before, but the wind wasn't right. This weekend my parents were in town, so we thought we should try again.
I was a little nervous going into it, especially the part where I signed the papers saying I could break a bone, become paralyzed or die. But once I got over the cliff's edge, it was smooth sailing. Not scary at all. Very Gorgeous. $15 million homes on the cliffs. Beautiful La Jolla coastline. Thank you, Matt for probably my most memorable birthday gift! How will I ever leave La Jolla now?







10 comments:

  1. Way cool Malerie! That is so brave and adventurous of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fun Mal! Makes me want to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun! Way awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool gift Matt. You look awesome up there Mal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! That sounds like a great experience! Way to go out and try something new Malerie1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I have always wanted to do that. Creative idea Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are crazy! That looks amazing Mal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is amazing... i can now live vicariously through you! thanks mal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool of you! Thats awesome that you did that, looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always see people doing that in Lehi (Utah) and it looks fun. I've skydived before, but for some reason this actually looks scarier.

    ReplyDelete