Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Quiet Book


Before Madeline was born, my lovely sister, Jessica, made every family a quiet book for church. Now that Madeline really needs some entertaining, I wanted to add pages to it. Well now I have and Madeline loves it. Here are the pages:

Jessica's Page 1 - mirror
Jessica's Pages 2 & 3 - felt cutouts that fit into the shapes

Jessica's Page 4 - Laminated pictures of LDS prophets fit in clear pockets. Their name and dates of service are written on each square. The pictures are colored on the back so you can match the color with the outline on the page.
Jessica's Page 5 - President Hinckley's Be's. Each is a flap that has a corresponding drawing underneath. So creative, Jess...

Jessica's Page 6 - In the pocket, there is a ring of church pictures
Malerie's Page 7 - Felt flowers that you can button and unbutton.

Malerie's Pages 8-9 - I printed a paper doll pattern directly onto pellon. I printed the dresses out on pellon and ironed them to felt. Then I created a felt armoire that ties to store them in.

Malerie's page 10 - Felt popcorn velcros to the tree and can be stored in the little basket.
Malerie's page 11 - Turn the wheel under the ark to reveal cute animal pairs

I had a lot of fun making this and experimenting with my new sewing machine. I hope this means a busy Madeline sits through church without making a peep!

Here are some links to quiet book ideas/patterns

16 comments:

  1. I love that idea of a quite book. I'm going to have to copy some of your ideas for a future quite book for Kate. P.S. I love that picture of Madeline at the title of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both you and Jessica are so creative, I love it. If only I still needed a quiet book...wait..I guess it's kind of nice to not need one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those really are so creative! Love the popcorn and basket! I'm not very crafty these days, but I'm starting to wish I were!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, such a cute picture of Madeline on the top! And second that is the cutest quiet book I have ever seen. Wow! Thanks for sharing and now how much can I pay you for one? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These really are so cute. As a collector of paper dolls, I love the armoire page. Also, Madeline has a truly amazing ability to sit through church, so this must be a really good quiet book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the picture on your blog title of Madeline. My favorite page is the paper doll one. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great book and a very creative mom! She'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are sooo creative! What a great idea for church. I don't know about you but that first hour (sac. meeting) is rough for a toddler!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. mal that is soo cute! i'm going out tomorrow to get all the stuff! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Your so darn clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you for the inspiration to make one! That is my new project! My husband thanks you for a new project!! you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am glad i saw this post....i was already getting pictures and things together to make one....never to early to start right....i figure if i start now it will be ready for when i need it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ok so i just stumbled across your blog and your quiet book pages and these are exactly what i've been looking for to make for my daughter! but i'm curious, what did she make her pages out of and how did she write and get the picture of the temple on the page? thank you so much in advance for any help!! and sorry if this is a little odd since you don't even know me... i just love your pages!

    genevievecurtis at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi there. i recently made a quiet book for my daughter and got some ideas from this post so i wanted to let you know that i posted about mine and included a link to your post here-

    http://vievesscrapbooking.blogspot.com/

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete