Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Homemade Gifts

We forgot our camera and video camera this Christmas vacation. I'm going to have to beg for some pictures from family. But in the mean time, I thought I'd share the gifts I made this year. I had so much fun making them and they were pretty easy!


Buttercup Bag



I even cut down the pattern to make a mini one for Madeline. So cute and pretty darn easy!
The free pattern can be found HERE.


Hobo Bag


The free pattern can be found HERE.


Reusable Grocery Bags



I made these out of old flour sacks. My mom had them lying around and said I could use them. Some day I hope to have cool fabric just lying around!
The free pattern can be found HERE.


Sun Hat


This pattern was purchased. It's Amy Butler's Blue Sky Hat Pattern. It was a little more complicated. I luckily had my mom's help. But it was so satisfying to make!

12 comments:

  1. I wish I could be so talented to make cute gifts like that. Looks like I better be rich so I can buy all my gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Those are so cute! I have seen those patterns for years, but have NEVER downloaded and sewed them! You're my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE my bag! It is so cute. I still cannot believe that you made all of our gifts! Thank you, Thank you!

    p.s has anyone told you that you and kate should start a boutique? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. I wish I was on your Christmas list...BEAUTIFUL! What talent you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute gifts, Mal! I'm impressed - some day I'll be as crafty and ambitious as you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Very creative! We did home made gifts this year too! But yours is way cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing!! Seriously, you have to feel so accomplished with those!Truly a talent, Mal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Malerie those are all way cute. You could start a side business and sell those. I'm very impressed. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and are enjoying the time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok Seriously Mal? This stuff is SO cute. Where do I sign up to be on your Christmas list next year? Love it!!

    Oh, btw... saw your parents at Christie Barber's wedding reception. It was good to see them! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just have to say I love my beautiful hat and I am going to be wearing it while strolling through Red Butte Gardens soon.... Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice!!! I might need to use some of those patterns!

    ReplyDelete