Monday, March 22, 2010

Celebrate!

Two major things have happened this last week:

Match Day and March Madness!

Thursday, UCSD's School of Medicine had match day. Everyone gathered together and opened their letters to find out where they had matched for residency and internship. It was a little anticlimactic for us since Ophthalmology has an early match and we already knew we would be going to the University of Iowa for residency, but we did find out that we will be spending next year in Spokane, WA at Sacred Heart Medical Center! Way to go, Matt. Thanks for working so hard!

To celebrate, we got a little Red Robin and watched A LOT of the NCAA tournament.




7th year of making our enormous bracket!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is so exciting! (although I can't help wish you were coming here!) :) I remember that bracket. I remember seeing it at your apt. in Provo. That's so fun that you have traditions like that. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Matt knows that he's lucky to have a wife that understands what March Madness is.... I had to ask if it's college or professional - AFTER I found out which sport people were talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!!!! I would have celebrated with Red Robin too! When you do leave? We really need to get together before you go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that will be so fun to be close to your parents for a year. A little weird seeing old highschool people again...CONGRATS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! I am excited for the chance to live closer to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I love the bracket! Is it Matt's? Your's? MAdelines? And congrats on WA.... I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So thrilled for you and your sweet family! I bet your parents are SOOOO happy!! We'll miss knowing you're down the freeway a bit, but just think. .. you'll always have a place to stay in Southern CA! Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I just saw your comment on my post and I totally agree. A bit ironic if you ask me, as we think about petite babies and obesity being a problem in the US. I am content to feed Claire healthy stuff and a few treats. :) Good to know Claire's not the only one!! I hope your day was great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS WEED FAMILY!! You have quite a great experience ahead of you all :o)

    Matt is dying to have a bracket like that now...nice!

    ReplyDelete