Monday, April 12, 2010

What we've been up to...

Mini Golf -
They gave Madeline her own ball and club. Of course she picked pink. She held on to that ball so tightly. She loves things that are just her size, so she wouldn't hit the ball for fear she would lose it. She just followed us around each hole carrying her ball and club.


Disneyland -
Matt's sisters came to visit and we decided to go to Disneyland. We had a lot of fun. Madeline was especially excited about the princesses. We took her on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride (see picture below - she looks awfully tired) and she actually fell asleep on the ride! We waited in a very long line to meet Mickey. When she finally saw him, she freaked out. As we were leaving she kept repeating, "I don't like Mickey, I don't like Mickey." Now she still says she doesn't like Mickey, but does like Minnie. (We didn't see Minnie there, so I'm sure she would change her mind if we'd actually encountered her in person.)


Easter -
We had a little egg hunt and Madeline loved it. Again, she likes little things just her size. She wanted desperately to carry all of the eggs in her arms instead of the basket. We had good friends over, made a yummy BBQ and even made little easter cupcakes. (Thanks, Martha Stewart!)



Getting Dressed-
Madeline is really into dressing herself. I often find her room with clothes everywhere. She has 3 or 4 items of clothing that she just loves to put on. All are pink. Sometimes she comes out of her room looking like a piece of cotton candy. She has also been going through her baby headbands and puts on 2 or 3 to really make the outfit.

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE the triple headbands, and I LOVE Mannie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh, I love little girls and all their little things they do. Boys aren't the same. We're doing Disneyland in June! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and adorable! She is very fashionable like her Mommy at such a young age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, all! Madeline sounds like an absolute riot (and extremely adorable one, of course)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Cute! I think my favorite picture is of her sitting there with her golf club. Thanks for the great update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS: the website is called "Picnik.com" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable! who do they say she looks like? i see your face in the pic of her in all pink

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurrah for new pictures! All this looks so fun, thanks for sharing these. I also noticed how much Madeline looks like you, Malerie, in the pink picture. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pink outfit sure looks familiar! And I remember going into her room and seeing clothes spread out on the floor! I love the picture of her in front of the castle, and the golf club one. But really any picture of Madeline is a good one! Thanks for the fabulous update!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That girl is too cute - she is all about accessories, which I have never figured out - maybe she'll be my consultant? And, I love the cupcake, Mal, or should I say Martha?!

    ReplyDelete