Thursday, May 13, 2010

An Interview with Madeline

My sister interviews her kids each year.

Here is my attempt with Madeline at age 2:



Madeline is really into music right now, especially Disney songs. She also loves Primary Songs. She is starting to memorize the words and sing them to herself. She also is pretty good at lip -synching even when she doesn't know the words at all!

She also loves books. She gets so excited to go to the library. Some of her favorites are the Madeline books, Burt Dow the Deepwater Man,Fancy Nancy, and the Berenstain Bears. When you read to her she likes to fill in the words that she remembers from the pages.

She has gotten the whole independent thing down. She insists on doing things herself and if you do it before her, she loses it.

If she is throwing a fit, I'll say "you're being like Grumpy" (the dwarf from Snow White) and she gets really upset and says, "No! I Madeline Weed Marie!!!" That usually snaps her out of it since Madeline Marie Weed has been described as a nice, sweet girl.

Love this girl....

9 comments:

  1. oh my sweetness. I love that little one. You are such a good mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love her sweet little voice! that is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! madeline weed marie, you are a very cute little girl!
    p.s. love her clip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so wonderful...definitely the next best thing to being there. She looks so grown up and is so confident with her song actions. Hurrah for Madeline Weed Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super dooper sweet! I can tell that her momma spends lots of time with her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummmm, she's so cute she must be my niece. I really liked the "surprise" in popcorn popping, and the "foolish man" in her other song. And, I didn't know she was such a talker!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so, SO cute! That is such a great idea, I may have to steal it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Yeah, I can tell she gets a lot of one-on-one time with her mommy! It's funny how moms can totally understand what their toddlers say, when others can't always. She's so good at the songs! I might have to copy you - doing a yearly video interview is such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came across your blog by accident and fell in love with it. I miss Miss Madeline and you. Come back and visit sometime! Hope you're all doing well. :-)

    ReplyDelete