Tuesday, August 24, 2010

36 Week update

Have you seen that show on Discovery Health called "I didn't know I was pregnant?" I really can't believe girls can go nine months without knowing they're pregnant! I mean look at me! And this baby rolls around in my stomach turning it into odd shapes where you can make out a foot, a leg, a bum.... pretty cool.




It's funny to me that even though I'm measuring right on, I'll see other women who are carrying so differently. Our skin is pretty amazing. And how does gravity not just pull me right over?!

I wasn't sure I really wanted to post an almost going into labor picture, but I didn't take very many of myself when I was pregnant with Madeline and I guess baby boy weed might be nicer to me if he saw how big I was :) Yesterday, a woman stopped me all excited, asking when my due date was, what I was having, etc. She also asked if I was having twins. (this isn't a new comment) and then topped it off by mentioning that she had been pregnant with twins and "didn't get even close to that big" It didn't come across as mean. She was cute and excited for me. I just laughed and said, this is how I carry - right out in front! Still, I would never ask someone if they're having twins...or really make any comments about their size AT ALL.

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. Not much has changed - 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced. Doesn't that sound like a walking time bomb? I'm feeling much more relaxed than last week. Everything on my list is pretty much done except for the name, but I'm not feeling worried about that. I only worry about not getting to the hospital on time if my water breaks since I'm already so far along, but I guess we'll figure it out if it happens!

My doctor said making it to 36 weeks greatly increased the chances of baby coming home with us after he is born, so I'm feeling good about being this far and am hoping for a few more days (but not too many) :)


14 comments:

  1. I've watched that show too and I cannot believe these women! You are too skinny to be able to not tell, and that is a good thing! You look so cute and ready to go. Just survive the next few weeks (or days :) )!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, Mal! It's wonderful that you're at 36 weeks and that the baby will likely be able to come home with you!

    Haha, you carry that basketball very well! Honestly, I think I would rather be that way than just round all over, which is how I seem to carry. :)

    And it's great you got so much crossed off you to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute! I'm jealous you can look that good at 36 weeks. I'm calling you later today if Koby will let me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look adorable malerie! and so awesome. you'll go right back to normal after that baby comes out. i'm so glad you made it this far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look good! that lady probably had size amnesia...i sometimes think i wasn't that huge...but then i see the pictures...oh yeah i was. i should email you one..it'll make you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Mal...I feel your pain. When I was pregnant with Justin I got those comments too. Oh, is it twins or triplets. I laughed..Um, One. You look awesome and even better you are at 36 weeks. I often wondered how i didn't fall, head first, onto the ground. It's heavy!

    Can't wait to see a week 37 pic! Keep on with the resting, it is working. Congrats again on the soon to be baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute picture of you! I think you still look gorgeous with a baby bump! That show is definitely a weird one, I don't really get it. Anyway, hang in there and let me know if there's anything I can do for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look SO good Mal!! seriously, ALL belly. that lady is crazy.

    hooray for the home stretch!!

    and you can breath a huge sigh of relief now for every day that goes by. you're doing great :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. do i need to slap this lady? you are all baby for sure! You look adorable! Excited to see this little man of yours...Daniel can train him on the mission deal?

    ReplyDelete
  10. twins?! HA! I'LL show that lady what being pregnant with twins looks like! I have some way grosser photos than the ones I posted. It's funny though how I hesitate to post belly pictures, but I love it when other people do! I'll join the chorus - you look great. And I bet you can't wait to get that boy out and start sleeping on your tummy/back! It feels so good! Good luck on delivery - I hope you make it to the hospital! Though if you don't - I bet Matt can help you out with a home birth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mal,no wonder the doctors have been worried about you, that baby looks like it going to burst out the front of you! As far as the name goes B-Money is a great name for a boy (or the real version, "Brett," works great too). Run that one past the Refer for me! We miss you guys!!!, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, mal! you're huge! j/k :P seriously though, you are all belly, woman! looking good! well, hang in there...remember, just a couple more weeks then you can go ahead and pop if need be! j/k. anyway, you take easy and keep me posted! good talking to you earlier! hugs & kisses to miss madeline weed marie :)

    ReplyDelete