Monday, August 9, 2010

Before and Afters

Since I haven't been able to do much on bed rest, I have LOTS of time to think about how to decorate, create, repaint, etc. (Pojects make me happy)

Here are some of the projects I've been working on -

1. I got this tin from a friend several years ago. It went from this


to this

to this





2. We got a couch for free when we got married. I can only guess it is about 20 years old. It's definitely worn and not my first choice of fabric, but it's a solid Ethan Allen couch. So my very talented mom and sister got to work and helped me recover it! Thanks guys!




Before:


After:
I love ticking fabric!


Now I need to pick some fun, bright fabric for pillows. Stay tuned...

10 comments:

  1. fun! The couch looks awesome! I like your tin, too. Projects always make me happier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I am so impressed. I have a couch to send your way that needs a make over. They should go into business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The couch looks REALLY great! and what a cool decoration you made with your tin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that the same couch that weighs a tonne and we moved it from storage to your first apartment in Provo, where people thought Matt, Paul and I were moving in together? Well it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the choice of blue you used on your tin. It really accents your fireplace and makes it pop. Also, I am so impressed about you recovering your couch, it looks great!

    We missed you and Matt at the reunion and everyone was asking how ya'll were doing. From what I can see of your home, it looks like you are all settled in and it looks adorable. Hope you are feeling ok and you aren't getting too bored on bedrest. Can't wait for your little one to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word! I love the couch!!! They should open a business!! Glad you have a cute place to bedrest :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your couch looks amazing! What talented people! ;) Love the tin too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Your "projects" turned out GREAT! I LOVE them. Such a cute home you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute! you are so talented! your house is gorgeous! i hope i can see it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh MY!!! Your couch is AMAZING!! and I love the different colors of your tin...I'm sure your whole house is full of beautiful things! SO fun Mal!

    ReplyDelete