Friday, September 10, 2010

Little Glo-Worm

Remember these?












Well we've got a cute little one, too:



Charlie had a doctor's appointment today and his bilirubin levels were a little high. So as a precaution, he gets to do some light phototherapy. They have a great service where the nurse comes to your home, lends you the equipment and checks in daily to monitor him. He gets to wear this cool "bili belt" instead of having to lay under the lights. This seems much more convenient and hasn't really interrupted much of our routine (except that he's plugged in for 24 hours straight so we can't move very far away from an outlet!) Hopefully he won't have to wear it long. I'm always so grateful, though, for cautious doctors and modern medicine and technology. I mean, how cool is it that his belly gets to glow blue! :) Madeline is a little confused by it and keeps telling me Baby Charlie doesn't like it.

10 comments:

  1. He is so precious Malerie! Good job to both you and Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is SO cute. What a great deal to have the nurse come right to your home. I know with some of my kids they were just slightly elevated so for days you have to study them and wonder and stress if they need to be taken in. Enjoy that little munchkin-by the way, can Chase borrow some of that hair?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Malerie, I can't get over Charlie's hair! He is so so so unbelievably cute. I guess being plugged in all the time means you get to just sit & have lots of cuddle time. Enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad Madeline is looking out for Charlie! His hair really is too gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, he's a handsome glowing baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yay! You HAVE given birth! You are NOT pregnant anymore! Ignore my silly confused message on your phone today :) That's what I get for not checking your blog (or anyone's) - I'm the last to know. You named him CHARLIE! That was on my top 5 list for boy names! Love it. I'm so glad everything is going well and that he's nursing well and that the birth was so easy! And 8lb 4 oz - WOW! IF YOU HAD GONE 40 WEEKS, YOU'D HAVE A TEN POUNDER! I hope you're still in Spokane at Christmastime - we're coming to town! I wanna see you and have a playdate so bad! Love you Mal - congrats on a beautiful healthy baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! He is sooooo handsome! Glowing and all. He sure looks like he's being a good sport about it all, and I love that Madeline is watching out for him. What a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how funny is that belt? that's actually kind of nice! the hospital almost made me stay there because of chloe's bili levels too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i totally had one of those! ha ha! thats nice they come and do it at home. he is a cutie! hope everything is going well! love ya

    ReplyDelete