Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Happy Birth Day, Charlie.

He's here! He's really here!

I went to my 38 week appointment on Tuesday. My doctor checked me and said "OK, you're dilated to a 6. If your water breaks, you're going to have a baby on the floor. Why don't you head over to Labor and Delivery and I'll break your water." That was exactly what I wanted to hear. I have been dilated and carrying that little guy so low for quite a few weeks!

How nice that Matt was working in an office the floor above my dr's office. We met in the lobby and walked over to the hospital. They checked me in at about 12:30 pm, gave me an epidural, and my doctor came over and broke my water. He came back in an hour and I was completely ready to go. They set everything up. And about 20 minutes later, our little baby boy weed was born! (My doctor was right. Once he broke my water, it didn't take long! Thank goodness it didn't happen on it's own..)

It was such a different experience than with Madeline. It all happened so fast and I really didn't feel any pain. He was turned the right way. When they laid him on me right after he was born, I couldn't believe I had just had a baby! I feel blessed that his delivery was so easy for me. Now on to the recovery... :)

Charles Matthew Weed (Charlie) was born on September 7, 2010 at 2:42 pm. He was 8 lbs, 4 oz and 21 inches long.
We love his sun-kissed, thick, wavy hair. He loves to be swaddled and held close. He got really upset when the nurses would unswaddle him and poke and prod him. He would cry really hard and turn beet red. He is a good nurser and is pretty content so far. Madeline only saw him for a little bit. She wanted to share her baby doll with him and kept saying she wanted to take "Baby Chawlie home." She'll be home tomorrow and then real life will begin :)

We're so grateful for our little Charlie. It's strange to have two car seats in the car and to say we're a family of four. We feel really blessed to have this little miracle in our lives.






23 comments:

  1. yeah I get to be the first one to post my congrats!! I'm glad everything went smoothly in the end! Hugs for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS! He is absolutely beautiful and I am so thrilled you didn't have him on the floor. :)

    I just said to Jacob, "I need another baby so I can name him Charlie." I wasn't kidding, but you should have seen the look on his face.

    So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! Congratulations!!! How amazing was that labor, you look like you just came from a day a the spa! I'm also very happy you didn't have him on the floor...He's so handsome and Madeline is darling with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so adorable! So glad you didn't have him on the floor:) Congrats and I hope the transition to a family of four goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray hooray he's here!! A BIG congrats to you guys... that is so exciting :)

    Can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Birth stories always make me teary! There is just nothing more precious than a newborn.

    And hello what an amazing labor and delivery! You deserve it after a loooong pregnancy, though!

    So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charlie is an adorable name, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been stalking your blog waiting for the little guy to make his appearance! Welcome Charlie! Congrats to the whole fam on the new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great day! I am so happy for you guys. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this beautiful grandson...can't wait to hold him. Malerie, you are the only one I know who can look so beautiful after a delivery. Three cheers for all the Weed family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, Charlie's here Charlie's here!!! Congrats guys I LOVE seeing the pictures! I especially love the proud, father-son look on Matt face in all the pics. I also love how madeline is looking at her little brother in all the pics, like she's facinated...adorable. So happy for you guys! Wish we could be up there. Glad there wasn't a lot of pain, that's awesome. Also I really love all the hair he has, so cute. Congrats again, family of 4 :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yea! Glad to hear it was fast! That is how Daniel was! I love the pics of madeline looking at charlie...How is it you look so beautiful after giving birth....no fair... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! He is perfect and I am glad everything went so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wonderful!! Congratulations! I love his name too. Welcome little Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HE is so handsome!! I love the pics of Madeline looking at him, so sweet. You guys are such a beautiful family. SO happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We love Charlie Weed!! So excited to have a boy born into the Weed family (it's been awhile)! Can't wait to meet him in person! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats! That sounds like a perfect delivery! He's beautiful! I hope your recovery goes okay.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you made it. I'm glad everything went well. Enjoy the little guy! I hope your transition to 2 kids goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats! He is beautiful. You'll love having a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. CONGRATS! Could the Weed family please be any cuter? I mean, c'mon! It's not fair that you look so beautiful after labor. You make us all look bad! :) j/k love you guys and wish I could give that sweet little Charlie boy a squeeze! What a handsome boy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations!!!!! Charlie is such a cute name. Can't wait to see more pictures. Hope all is well. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Welcome little buddy! He is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete