Monday, September 27, 2010

"I Want to Hold Him..."

...is what Madeline tells me about 100 times a day. This about sums up how she feels about her sweet little brother -





She talks to him, sings to him, and tells him about things. The way she looks at him, strokes his hair, calls him buddy, holds his hand and talks in a little sweet voice really melts my heart.

Things are going well. Two is definitely an adjustment. Madeline is so good with him and wants to help, which makes things easier. She does have little melt downs and begs for me to hold her, usually when Charlie's crying or I'm trying to feed him. My day seems to go by so quickly just trying to meet the needs of these two.

At three weeks, Charlie weighs 9 lbs 7 ounces (55%) and is 21 1/4 inches (50%) - Very different from petite little Madeline. I wonder how long it will be before he catches up to her.

I just love Charlie's hair, especially right after a bath:


Since I was on bed rest for so long, I'm feeling anxious to get out and enjoy things. But I'm holding out just a few more weeks to avoid the germs. Maybe I should enjoy my time at home because reality might set in when I'm out and about with TWO kids! Hopefully we can adjust quickly...

18 comments:

  1. this is the first peek i've taken of charlie. delicious baby! great name. hope you can get out of the house at some point. not to be pessimistic, but i didn't find it all that fun to take my two tiny kids out in public by myself for quite a while. so, you may not be missing out on much. sometimes they're just easier to enjoy at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you... I can't get enough of that hair! So so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad Madeline is enjoying him so much. What a sweet little girl. And he is so handsome. He looks like a little California boy with the color of his hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel was that way with Tanner, and it never ended. They are still pretty close which is wonderful. Your kids are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK....Kory and I think he is the cutest baby ever!!!!!!!! WHAT A DOLL!!! I can't get over his hair!!!!! Seriously....You should put him in baby contents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good big sister. It is an adjustment for EVERYONE but you are doing well! Enjoy this newborn stage, it goes by so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THAT IS SO SWEEEET! I love it! It melts my heart just reading it and looking at the sweet expression on her face - like she could sit there holding him forever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pictures of Madeline and Charlie are so precious! I was thinking about Madeline this past week as I hung up our scarecrow. We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute pictures! His hair is quite stylish. I still can't believe you have 2 kids!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pictures are the best! Thank you, thank you! Wish I was there. I must say I am seeing some of Pops in that last picture of Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those pictures are absolutely precious!! I love the way she is cuddling him! It makes me hope that my little Claire will be the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to hold him, too. What an angel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He is way too handsome and that Madeline is quite the big sister - such great pictures captured! We can't wait to be around both of them more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute!! He really is so handsome, and there is no question that he is a boy. Thank you for sharing such sweet pictures. Your blog updates are usually the sweetest parts of my week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is the sweetest thing EVER! She calls him buddy! Ah! melt my heart- I can only imagine how you feel Mal! They are just too sweet for words!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute cute! I'm so glad Charlie is doing so well, he's gaining weight at a great rate. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. He is so cute! Man that hair! Darling photos of two beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how SWEET! It makes me so sad to see these pics and not be close to see cute Manny and Charlie. Keep them little until we can see them next. I hope you are enjoying this time when they are so little! We miss you guys so much, but we are happy to see you all enjoying life so much.

    ReplyDelete