Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Accessorizing.

I went to check on Madeline during her nap. I heard a little voice say, "Momma, look - Bracelets!"
This is what she had been working on for the last hour -



Yes those are rubber bands from a rubber band ball.
Yes there are a lot - 126 rubber bands to be exact.
Yes she's wearing pajamas for nap - she asked to and I guess it doesn't matter?

We thought this was pretty funny (except for the part about her not taking a nap. We suffered the consequences of that later that night.) And we were impressed she stayed on one task for so long. She sat there and took 126 rubber bands off of a ball and put them neatly on. I guess that was better than taking a nap. Never a dull moment.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That takes some dedication, Madeline. Very cute pjs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous. She has changed so much. I think a little bit of you starts to shine through, so it is not all Matt any more. I love how productive her nap times are.
    Hugs to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe she sat there and took apart the whole thing! Impressive! (I don't even think I could do that, let alone a 2 year old!) Can you really be that mad? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a smart little cookie! :) C'mon Mom!! Can't blame a girl for wanting to accessorize! She is too cute..

    ReplyDelete
  5. truly adorable!! I love that she found a very cute activity on her very own, and kept herself busy during her "nap".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very impressive fine motor skills!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto to everyone else - impressive focus!
    And yeah... the consequences of no nap are definitely felt around dinnertime hour!

    ReplyDelete