Sunday, October 24, 2010

Happy Sunday

Charlie is 6 weeks old. He made his debut at church today. It is definitely different juggling two kids, keeping two kids happy and quiet and lugging around all their paraphernalia. But it was nice to finally go as a family.

I do appreciate being able to stay at home, most days to contain the chaos and just play with my kids. Having two kids has definitely been harder than we thought. Charlie has tummy troubles and is fussy a lot. Madeline has been pretty emotional, dramatic and needy. So at every moment a child is crying and needs something! Most of the time we feel like we're in survival mode but we're making it. I've been spoiled because Matt has been home more with this rotation. He's been such a great help and support.

BUT we're all healthy and generally happy :) and grateful for all of our blessings.We're especially enjoying living in a place where we can enjoy autumn and the feelings of holidays coming!

9 comments:

  1. Every week gets a little better! Hang in there! I know the feeling and appreciate your candor. Hang in there! Just keep imagining how fun it will be when they finally can play together! That's what I try to do, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh malerie, i don't know how i'm going to handle two some day too. i'm already nervous about it! but just hang in there. it will get better!! parker turns six months this week & he is getting to be SO fun. the reward is so worth the hard first few months, but in the long scheme of things this will be over in a blink of an eye :)
    i love his little sunday outfit. he is SUCH a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg...those baby argyle socks are just too much! SO cute. what a sweet little thing he is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhh! HIs little tie is too cute. I am so happy that you get to experience fall, what a great season! Let me know if I can help with anything! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling little boy! Those days of juggling seemed long at the time, but now seem to have passed in a flash. I wonder if at this point the newness for Madeline has passed, and now she's just feeling "hey, what happened to my life!" They are both so darling and lucky to have the parents they do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there Mal. Hang in there. The first year with 2 kids was awful for me. All I remember is a lot of screaming and crying (from the kids and me). However, once Jaxon could walk it was like a miracle occurred, suddenly Madi and Jax were best buds and now they will go and play with each other on their own for up to an hour at a time. It has made the transition to 3 seem almost natural. So yeah, good luck, it won't last forever, but I DO know how hard it is right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a handsome guy! Hang in there . . . just think of all of the growing you are doing :) You are patient and calm and a great mother. It's true that these years pass quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's the cutest thing around, seriously. I bet it is rough with two but you have such a good attitude. I'm already feeling like I'm a little stir crazy staying in the house with 1 all day...

    ReplyDelete
  9. CUTE LITTLE TIE!!
    Yeah, church is definitely tough to juggle. And... EVERYTHING else too! But so worth it. I can relate with the constant drama :) Always a child in need!

    ReplyDelete