Friday, November 19, 2010

Playing Catchup

Blogging has been near the end of my priority list, but I decided I wanted to do more than "just make it through the day" with these two munchkins, even if it means putting Charlie in my Moby Wrap more often. I feel a little happier if I can get things crossed off my lists and do a few things I enjoy.

Here is what we've been up to:

Charlie's Blessing



Matt's dad, or Pops as Madeline calls him, came up for the blessing. Family gathered and Matt served his famous pulled pork on the smoker.


We made a visit to Utah.





Flying with two kids was a little hectic. The amount of luggage/carseats was just insane. The kids did amazingly well, though. Of course on the way Charlie pooped through everything and I had the joy of attempting to change and redress a screaming baby in that tiny bathroom during turbulence :) We had a great time with Matt's family and ate a ton of great food. Yum!

First Snow!



We woke up yesterday morning to snow! Madeline ran and got her hat and mittens on and then went to wake up her daddy. Obviously we weren't ready. I don't have any decent gear for Madeline yet. I think I'm still in San Diego mode :) We are really enjoying these seasons, though!

Life is good. Even though some days are hard and there is often a lot of crying around here, I feel like I'm getting a better handle on things or at least trying to have a sense of humor about the chaos :)

8 comments:

  1. In answer to your comment on my blog, yes it does get better and better, and someday in the near future you WILL be able to craft again! haha (Even if it is after they go to sleep. :)

    Cute post! Love that family picture on blessing day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Mal. You're doing better than you think and you pull it all off so elegantly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how big Madeline is getting! and Charlie too :)
    glad to hear things are getting better. i'm sure it will just get better & better from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute pictures! That was so fun having you guys here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cried for six months strait! You're in norm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, i'm sure you're doing just great as a mama of two! it is definitely an adjustment, that's for sure. although i hate driving in the snow, i sure do miss it! waking up to snow outside is heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, thank you for these wonderful pictures! Such good times! The snow scene looks so great! It was wonderful having you all here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh! You're scaring me about getting on an airplane! Diaper changes in that tiny gross little bathroom... ugh. But you survived. I guess we will too. The things we do to go visit loved ones!

    ReplyDelete