Thursday, February 10, 2011

Family Bed



I've never been one to let/want my kids to sleep with me. In fact, Charlie was in his crib, in his own room, by the time he was about a month old. But we've been enjoying cuddling in the mornings lately. Matt is on night float, which means he leaves for work at 5:00 pm and gets home at 7:30 am to sleep most of the day. Not my favorite...everyone knows how evenings get with kids...
Even though it's an interesting schedule, our mornings have been sweet. Charlie wakes up at about 7:00. I get him and feed him in my bed. Then Madeline wakes up at around 7:20 and wanders in sleepily with about 4 baby dolls. Matt gets home shortly after and crawls in bed with us. Matt tells me about his crazy night while the kids are jabbering and we have about 10 minutes where all of us are happy and together. Matt said he really looks forward to that part of the day and so do I.

Our bed just got a little cozier because the duvet cover I've been wanting went on sale a couple of weeks ago. So comfy!

9 comments:

  1. just look at those 2 sleepy cute faces! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun! Daniel comes in and crawls into bed with me in the morning.(He also brings his pillow, blanket, some books, and stuffed animals) I love it! If only he would fall asleep with me another few mins...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in such a wonderful time of life for a family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. family time in bed IS the best. i can't wait til parker is old & actually crawls in with us. it's the BEST!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How could you resist pulling those sweetie pies into bed with you? Nice duvet cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh that first comment from me was from my Mom and not me! Haha I think I forgot to sign out! Anyways, such cute pictures, and I love that duvet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in LOVE with your children. .. so gorgeous!!!! Stunning bed - Anthropology has one similar and I have been eyeing it for a while. . . all white would be such a pretty summer bed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pops and Grandma Nette think Charlie looks a lot like his momma in these cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Family bed time is the best!! Best way to start the day, IMO. I'm impressed that Matt can sleep during the day with the kids around!

    ReplyDelete