Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Homemade Baby Gifts

The teenage girls at church are having a silent auction to raise money for camp. I thought it would be fun to donate some baby items. I love making homemade gifts. A lot of you are WAY more creative than me. (I'm just a copy cat) But for those of you who want to try out some fun (and easy) tutorials, I wanted to post them here for you.

Baby Boy and Girl Baskets


Rag Edge Burp cloths and Oversized Swaddling Blanket
Go HERE for blanket
HERE for burp cloths

Applique Onesies
how to applique HERE


Bibs
Go HERE
(I didn't do the snaps)


Baby Headband with Felt clip
Felt Rosette HERE
How to line alligator clips HERE
(I bought the headband but directions are HERE)


Mary Janes
Go HERE

Amy Butler's Booties
Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones Book HERE


One more. I experimented with a bow tie this week for Mr. Charles.
Tutorial HERE

What are your favorite tutorials?
Happy Sewing!

11 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!! I am all about homemade gifts! In fact, for my showers, I do diaper whip covers! But now I have some new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these! Super cute booties... going to attempt my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Malerie! I have made Easton 2 bowties with that tutorial. I adore them. I am going to check out some of the other ones you have on here...And you are encouraging me to make those booties because I have the Amy Butler book but haven't broken it out in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i honestly got dizzy just reading that. At the first mention of "craft" my head got fuzzy and my eyes glazed over. Thank you for contributing to my feelings of insecurity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mal! You are one of the most creative people I know! I love these and if I had a baby to make them for... (someday!) I would! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How DO you have the time ;) I love seeing all of the things you are making. The baby baskets are super cute. And I love your little bowtie model. Oh, and I'm still laughing at Chelsea's comment because I'm so in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Malerie those are so cute! Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so awesome!!! I have been craving a SIMPLE tutorial for pretty much all of those and you found great ones!! So cute, wish I was going to the auction :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! If I have a girl, I"m so making those shoes. I may have to experiment. What type of material do you use? Just quilter's cotton? I've never made anything like that, so it's going out of my comfort zone..but am SO going to try! I can use leftover scraps for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are awesome!!! We love all your stuff. And you Enchilades were to die for. You could do a post just about that...

    ReplyDelete
  11. okay Mal...what fabric were the cute adorable little girl shoes? what brand? line? THANKYOU!!

    ReplyDelete