Friday, June 10, 2011

Nine Months




I can hardly believe it, but Mr. Charles is nine months old. Any worries I had about having a boy seem ridiculously silly. This boy is something else.

He is

18 lbs, 8 ounces (18%)
28 1/4 inches (50%)

*What happened?! He was around 50th percentile in weight and 85th in height. I was a little concerned when I found this out, but his ped didn't seem to think it was a big deal. He said it's pretty common for that age. I mean look at the rolls on his arms and legs - he's obviously healthy :) But it just confirms those percentiles are only there to get moms worked up!

Charlie has a real attachment to his momma. If I'm in the room, he HAS to be in my arms. Both of my kids have been this way. I must be REALLY cool ;) He isn't quite full on crawling, but he is, I guess the term is, "creeping" (weird word) and attempting to pull himself up on things. He's really into finger foods. You can't feed him fast enough. He has learned to let out a shrill shriek (I'm pretty sure Madeline taught him) if he isn't getting what he wants, or you take something away from him, or really if he wants any kind of attention. Church is going to be fun... Charlie is sleeping pretty well, although some mornings he thinks 5-5:30 am is a great time to be awake... ugh... but he goes to bed so easily and will put himself back to sleep if he wakes up, so I'll take it!

One of the things I love most about Charlie is how easily he laughs. And his laugh is contagious. Also, it doesn't get old. If you do the same thing that made him laugh hours later, it's still just as funny as the first time. He still thinks Madeline is the best. When he wakes up, he immediately looks for her and when he finds her, his face lights up as he hears, "Hi Charlie! How was your nap little buddy?"

Oh my sweet Charlie. We love you!

Here is an example of Charlie laughing his head off. Enjoy :)

3 comments:

  1. Charlie has Asher and I laughing out loud! We are watching this again and again. So cute! You are right - totally contagious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder what he thinks is that funny!! It is very contagious and very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nine months! Oh, Charlie. You are adorable. We are going to miss you like crazy.

    ReplyDelete