Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Recent Conversations

on school -

Madeline: Mommy, when do I get to go to school?
Me: when you're 5.
Madeline: When will that be?
Me: After two more birthdays.

Madeline thinking....
Madeline: Will you go to school with me?
Me: No, I've already been to school.

Madeline thinking...
Madeline: If you don't go to school with me, who will help me write my name?
Me: Your teacher will.
Madeline: He doesn't know my name.
Me: Your teacher will know your name.

More thinking...
Madeline: Who will help me write my letters and read books?
Me: Don't worry, Madeline. Your teacher will help you with everything.

This little conversation warmed my heart. She's already worrying about school and she thinks I'm her #1 helper. I'm so glad I get to stay home with her and teach her how to write her name and write her letters. That day of kindergarten will be a sad little day! :)


on a baby sister - (I let her get two books at the library about baby sisters - Angelina's Baby Sister, and Arthur's Baby. I might need to screen our books more carefully)

Madeline: Mom, I'm going to have a baby sister.
Me: Oh really?!
Madeline: We just don't know her yet. She still lives with Heavenly Father.
Me: Where will we get this baby sister?
Madeline: From the grocery store.
Me: (That would be convenient! :) )

7 comments:

  1. So cute! I love little girls. I love your house too! Isn't having a basement AWESOME!!!!!! I cannot believe I lived without it for soo long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... yeah, if only it were that convenient is RIGHT.

    and how cute that's she's already a little nervous about school :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both those conversations are adorable! I love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made my blog private ..... But, I want to send you an invite. Please email me your email address.... Here is mine koryandtiffanyanglesey at gmail. com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious! Wouldn't that be fun to go back to school with her?! Good luck on the baby sister too! I made some of the baby girl shoes and they are adorable! Thank you for posting that. You are so good at crafting, I wish you were near by so you could teach me more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can just picture this cute conversation! I can't believe she is already worrying about school. She is too cute!

    ReplyDelete