Saturday, August 27, 2011

Wish

Last night before bed, Madeline and I were cuddled on the couch reading an American Girl novel. I noticed she had an eyelash on her cheek. I put it on my finger, showed it to her and said, "When you find eyelashes, you can make a wish and blow them off of your finger. She liked that idea and said, "I wish that we will be friends forever" and blew it off. Really, Madeline?! Could you have said anything better? This girl can throw the most stubborn fits and other times be oh so sweet and kind.

I'm writing this down, so when she's a teenager and wants nothing to do with me, I can remind her that we're stuck as friends forever because she wished it when she was three. :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is the sweetest thing I've ever heard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Brianna will sometimes tell me I'm her bestest best friend in the whooooole world.
    Then an hour later, she'll tell me she doesn't want to play with me ever again. Gotta love these sweet and sassy girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I have to tell you.... every time I put on a movie or tv |for Brianna, I feel this pang of guilt and think, "I bet Malerie is READING to her daughter right now..."

    ReplyDelete