Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Haircuts and Sleeping Out

First, Mr. Charles is ONE today! He has been especially grumpy all day, but that also means more cuddling. We're crossing our fingers that Daddy gets home before 7:00pm tonight so we can celebrate!

Did you ever sleep out on your deck when you were a kid? I did and I have great memories of that. We had a favorite cat, Panda, who would come and snuggle in our sleeping bags with us and sleep there all night. Matt thought that was gross, but I loved that old, loyal cat.

Well, we have this great screened in porch and Matt and Madeline slept out the other night. I don't think Matt got very much sleep with Madeline kicking him all through the night, but I know Madeline loved it. I could hear them out there chatting about their favorite things.


Somebody was a little jealous in the morning when he'd realized he had been left out of something!

I also tried my hand at cutting Charlie's hair. I was doing pretty well, but as I was going around one of the ears, Charlie jerked his head back. It's a little rough around the edges.... I'm going to need a tutorial when I come visit, Mom. Maybe then Matt will let me come near him with the clippers? ;)


Before


After

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this post! I have such fond memories of sleeping out, and I'm so happy Madeline will too. What great daddy daughter time... don't ever let her go to college ok?

    ps charlies hair is very cool! ladies and gentlemen, yet another thing Malerie does well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutting little kids' hair is the worst. I just Buzz Colton's on the longest length.

    Sleeping out is the best! How fun.

    Happy birthday charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Charlie! Can't wait to see you next month. The deck pictures of Dad and daughter look like Matthew the adult and Matthew the preschooler, except with longer hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Madeline looks just like Matt, and Charles looks just like you! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a handsome grown up boy. You did a great job. Happy Birthday Charlie! I cannot believe it has been a year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the haircut. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you Mr. Charlie! Where has the time gone? You are a mighty handsome little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the picture of Charlie at the window.

    When I saw the one of me and Madeline in the sleeping bags, my first thought was, "Wow, she really looks like me."

    ReplyDelete