Monday, October 17, 2011

The New Addition


Say hello to our "new" Honda Odyssey! I have never loved vans, but let me tell you, the S P A C E is amazing! Forgive me, vans, for being prejudiced. We are officially a two car family. I just have to say how proud I am of Matt and me for making it 6 1/2 years of marriage with only one car. It hasn't been easy and both of us have made sacrifices, but we made it work and saved a lot of moolah. It has been rather liberating to know I can go anywhere I want and not have to plan around Matt's work schedule. Wow! :)

Matt's parents were selling their van, so we jumped at the chance. Both of our cars are in the "over 100,000 miles club," so cross your fingers they make it a few years!

11 comments:

  1. awesome!! i'm not a lover of vans either, but for carpooling to and from school it would be a DREAM. we made it 8 years with one car and finally gave in! one car, 2 adults and 2 kids is rough!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I'm still mourning my cute little SUV :) But my van gets the job done and it does it nicely. I can't imagine only have one car for that long! That's an accomplishment! You'll love your freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! I have heard nothing but good things about the Odyssey from all of our parent-friends! they are the "non-van-lovers-van" for sure. HUGE congrats that you all made it for 6.5 years with one car! I don't think I could have ever done that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Ryan loves the Honda Odyssey - I think it has to do with some advertisement where they called it the "manvan."

    I can't believe you've been making it on one car! I think we went 3 years, but I thought it got a lot harder once Trenton was no longer a baby. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I sure am jealous! We've only had 1 car our whole marriage and I think will still only have 1 until residency is over!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a HUGE deal! I am so incredibly happy for you and your new found freedom...YEAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Madeline and Charlie look so cute in there! Haha I wouldn't have been able to bear losing it to anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must be nice to have some extra mental energy now that you don't have to coordinate all of that anymore. I think it is awesome that you guys made it that long with only one car. Love the picture--Madeline and Charlie look so cute! If I didn't know better, I would say that van looks pretty new!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! So excited for you! Those vans are so comfy...wait until you take your first long car trip...you will never go back. Eric is pushing me to buy one right now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mal, you know I'm a van lover because I'm practical. Enjoy! BTW, we sure loved having you here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YEAH@ YOU GOT A CAR!!!! I couldnt be more happy for you. I have a love / hate relationship with my van too. :)

    ReplyDelete