Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Conversations

Madeline: Mom, what do you want for Christmas?

Me: Hmm... Maybe a sweater?

Madeline: Ok, what else?

Me: No whining from you and Charlie.

Madeline: Mom, you aren't getting that for Christmas.

(worth a try, right?)

Me. OK, how about a happy, healthy family?

Madeline: You already have that, mom.


This conversation made me smile. It also made me realize I am turning into my mom! Did anyone else's mom always ask for happy kids for gifts? It used to drive me crazy, but obviously I get it now. And turning into my mom is a great thing. if I can be half the mom my mom is, I'll be satisfied.

4 comments:

  1. I am turning into my mom as well....But I am not sure that is a good thing! I go to bed at 8:30 on the dot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Malerie, we are all turning into mom - isn't that great? I ask for that every year, too, and my kids roll their eyes just like I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The greatest thing is, is that you have all given me that gift!! Thank you

    ReplyDelete