Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Big 4



I can't believe we have a 4 year old! She was so excited about everything - mostly about me sneaking in her room at night to put balloons in there so she'd wake up to them the next morning. I kept worrying I wasn't making a big enough deal about her birthday since she's actually old enough to know about it, but she was pretty easy to please. When I asked her what she wanted to do for her birthday, she said "play with my family." I'm afraid that sweetness with gifts/holidays won't last forever. :) Matt had the day off on Monday so we went to the big mall here to ride the carousel and have lunch. Both of the kids loved that. Yesterday, the kids and I went to the children's museum and got milkshakes after. When Matt got home we had Madeline's request for dinner - pancakes (with bananas and buttermilk syrup) and then finished it off with some presents and hello kitty cake. (By the way...I really don't like frosting, but was happy to find this one which is creamy, fluffy, and not too sweet. The cake was just Duncan Hines dark chocolate fudge cake mix with some mini chocolate chips thrown in. Pretty easy and a winning combination!)

Madeline is a sweet, sensitive, caring, silly girl who loves to imagine, draw, create and take great care of her little brother. She definitely has her quirks and dramatic emotions occasionally, but I'm already getting sad about her not being around during the days. :(

Happy Birthday Madeline! We feel pretty lucky you're ours!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really fun birthday! I love that you put balloons in her room to wake up to, what a great idea! The cake is super cute too:) Happy Birthday Madeline, don't grow up too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so much like Matt! Happy birthday sweet Madeline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I forget....Thank you for the kind words on my blog about my pregnancy. And thanks for letting us know about your family. Its nice to know we're not the only ones doing this!!! Kory is going to try and meet up with your Bro. Talk to you soon. Happy Birthday Maddy! Tif

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these birthday photos. Madeline is such a beautiful person in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Madeline! Seems like a very sweet age. I feel lucky to have been present for a few of those birthdays...miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect birthday! We've gotta do one of those in a couple weeks, and it's hard to know the balance - making them feel special, but not over-doing it, ya know? That's a great idea to do the balloons in the room! Brianna's obsessed with balloons. Isn't it crazy we have FOUR year old daughers?! Four. FOUR! That's old!

    ReplyDelete