Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter a little Late


Yes. I made my kids get dressed up again because I forgot to take an Easter picture on Sunday. I had two harp performances and Easter Dinner to help with (Matt made flank steak fajitas in adobo sauce with strawberry mango salsa.) It was a busy day.

I had made Madeline an Easter Dress the week before but it turned out to be 2 sizes too big. I didn't have the heart or time to pick out all of the stitches so we went with plan B: a second hand skirt I had bought months ago for $3 that was too big. I just took in the waist, added a ruffly shirt from target and voila! Charlie's little suit was $5 at the same second hand store. Gotta love that. My friend, sydney, pointed me to a darling boy tie tutorial HERE.

Aside from the candy and clothes, we had a beautiful, happy day. I am so grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that He Lives.

6 comments:

  1. That other dress you made will be perfect in a year or two! I wouldn't have the heart to take out stitches either! I have GOT to hang out more at second-hand stores! You got some great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE! I feel so proud to be related to those cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! you're kids are adorable. I love charlie's eyes here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Cute,and I'm thinking Charlie might be a ladies' man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the happiness I see in their faces.

    ReplyDelete