Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Craft Fair!


I did another craft fair and again, had lots of fun.  This time it was at a friend's 1930s, darling bungalow house.  She had about 15 vendors.  I set up my tent outside because I wanted the extra space.  We had a lovely sunny week until Saturday - it poured the night before and that day the high was 43.  I was pretty cold all day and I think the unpleasant weather affected the turnout.  But I did pretty well.  I don't know if I'll do it again though.  Now that I have three regular harp students and a few gigs lined up, I feel like there's better use of my time and energy than constantly sewing and stressing about craft fairs. :)

My mom came in to town to help me. I couldn't have done it without her. Matt was in DC for a conference and it was pretty nice to know my kids were having fun with their grandma while I was freezing and trying to sell my items. :)  We are having a fun week with her.  We are excited for Grandpa Steve to come next week.

I updated my etsy shop.  There are a few new items in there. Go check it out! 



4 comments:

  1. Mal! I think it is so cool that you even do it!! Crazy cute new stuff by the way:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's awesome that you have done that, and your items are all gorgeous and adorable! I would have felt way awkward trying to pull off in-person sales! :) But I bet you were so cute and personable that people couldn't resist.

    That's great about the harp students and gigs, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Mal! You look pretty cold, though. I hope it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! How did I not know you sewed such adorable things! If my adoption ever goes through I will most def need to shop your etsy shop for some goodies for the new lil one...

    ReplyDelete