Friday, June 15, 2012

The Harp


I recently hosted a little harp recital for my three students.  It was pretty simple as my students have only been playing for about six months, but it was fun and they seemed to really enjoy it. One is four, and the other two are nine.  I just love seeing all of those little harps lined up in a row.  I am enjoying teaching, although I feel bad for the weeks I didn't practice growing up because it's hard to teach students that don't practice or don't try and you wonder why they're even taking lessons, but you know they have a lot of potential.  It's a challenge, but it's been good.  My kids somehow are pretty well behaved and play quietly and the families don't mind them there, so it has worked out really well for our family.

Madeline has showed a lot of interest in the harp.  She listens quietly during lessons, then later will "try out" the things she heard on my harp.  I wish I had a small one for her to learn on.  I've started teaching her piano and she gets so excited to practice and for her lessons.  I need to take advantage while she's excited about it.  I think I'll keep my eyes out on craigslist for a little harp...just incase somebody posts it at a ridiculously low price. :)


Music has always been a big part of my life and it's really fun to see these little kids learning and growing and getting excited about music.

5 comments:

  1. Oh that is so sweet! Both the story about M wanting to learn and the sight of all those harps lined up in a row! I would love to hear you play again! Those parents and kids (not to mention your own family!) are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Malerie. This is so sweet! That picture of Madeline at the harp is a treasure. I have been so grateful to have parents who support my interest in music and I'm sure Madeline will be too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are so musically talented!! Your kids are already reaping those benefits. Such a blessing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very impressed on how musically talented you are! Such an amazing skill to have! You're such a well rounded mom! Your kids are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to show my Mom this post, while she can still enjoy it. She would love seeing a great grandaughter at the harp.

    ReplyDelete