Sunday, July 15, 2012

Latest Projects

Matt has been pulling some long hours at work, so I, of course, keep my little head busy with sewing projects.  I was too lazy to take very good pictures, so my iphone (an old iphone) ones will have to do. (My mom and sisters send each other pictures of things we're working on.)



I love these little clutches. They're a perfect, not-too-hard, but so cute and feminine homemade gift.
The tutorial can be found here - Elm Street Life Bow Clutch 


I really shouldn't be posting these horrible pictures, but I already sent this one off.  Look at the tutorial for some gorgeous pics - Asthetic Nests's Heirloom Cut Chenille Baby Blanket.
This is extremely time consuming, but the chenille-like backing to this quilt, by fraying cut strips of flannel is so soft and beautiful and worth it.


I taught a lesson at church to the teenage girls about prayer.  I saw an idea for prayer pillowcases to help remind them.  I thought it was a cute idea and found some fun fabric at Hobby Lobby, which by the way, has the cutest fabrics! I'm going to need to stop in there more with a 40% off coupon.
Tutorial Here
I appliqued the "pray" on instead of painted it - it still needs to be stitched in this picture. :)




I had been seeing a lot of maxi dresses floating around pinterest.  I fell in love with this one from A Small Snippet.  I browsed Joanns and just couldn't picture any patterned fabric working with that much fabric on me.  Then I remembered the little onesie dresses I had been selling...




and thought it might look cute enlarged!  I'm a solids kind of girl anyway. I'm pretty excited about this one. I used the Small Snippet maxi dress tutorial (except didn't use as much fabric around - just enough to barely gather), and I added  2" elastic strip on top with a zig zag stitch.  It's a little tight to get off, so I'm wondering if you could use elastic thread to sew the elastic on like you do with the fabric....more experimenting will follow.  I think a fabric sash would look cute, too.

That's about it for now.  I have a few more projects in my head, but we leave for the beach this week, (yay!) so they'll have to wait.  Happy sewing!

6 comments:

  1. Mal! I love your dress! I'm impressed with all you can do with young kids:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man that dress is fantastic! You look so cute (and tiny!) in it!

    I loved the quilt and clutches too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress looks SO darling! Add grown up dresses to your shop!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmyword. Are you speaking French?
    This is all so over my head...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING!!! I really wish I live by you. I NEED to make that dress :) It is sooo stinkin cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your projects and I love my little clutch. Thanks! The pillow cases turned out super cute - I think I get half of my ideas from you, little sis!

    ReplyDelete