Monday, August 6, 2012

Best Summer Ever!

The last two weeks have been so much fun.  We first got to meet Matt's family in So. Cal at Newport Beach at a beach house.  The week was full of sand, sun, waves, family, great food, movies - you name it.  It was a much needed vacation for all of us.  It was so great to have Matt to ourselves for the week.


Matt and I took the kids to Disneyland one day.  Although it was different than a typical visit - mostly waiting in line for kids rides :) - it was great and fun to have some little family time.


When the week was over, Matt had to get back to work.  He has an extra busy summer with work as the new residents come in and they don't take call yet - so the others have to cover their shifts.  We knew he'd hardly be home, so the kids and I decided to fly up to spokane for a couple of weeks.  My parents have property on this little gorgeous lake - Waits Lake-  where my family gathers a lot. Since being away, I forget how many pine trees there are here. And how green it is.  Poor Midwest.  We desperately need rain!  The kids loved swimming in the lake.  Madeline even went on a tube ride behind the boat!


I got to go do a little antique shopping (window shopping) with my sisters and mom while my nieces watched the kids.  How strange that I used to be the go-to babysitter for my nieces and nephews and now they are teenagers and watching my kids!


Grandpa Steve and Grandma Julie took us bowling and out to dinner.  The kids loved it.  Charlie asked if it was his turn after every bowl, but he tried to be patient. Madeline was mostly excited about the pink bowling ball.  Grandpa won.


And of course being on vacation gives me a break from all of those little things you have to do at home and just lets us have fun and be silly.



And the fun isn't over yet.  We get to spend another week in Spokane and then we're off to Salt Lake City for Matt's sister's wedding.  Real Life is going to feel a little too real when we have to go back!


7 comments:

  1. Mal! We just got back from CA...and Disneyland. I'm sad if we missed you and you were there the same time we were...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow! It did look you had a fun summer!!!!! WOW!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mal, you are the best! I am so glad I got to see you. Chad said it wasn't fair because he didn't get to see Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! What a fun time. I am so happy for you. You totally deserve a month of fun! And your children are ADORABLE!! I was so impressed that shy little Madeline was holding Sleeping Beauty's hand, she's so grown up :) Love it! Makes me want to hand out with you. Good luck to Matt without you at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures...they make me miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We loved having you here. Maybe this could be a yearly thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were in SLC and didn't call?! Unforgiveable!! :)

    ReplyDelete