Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Black Apple Dolls

When Madeline turned one, my friend made her the most darling little doll.  Madeline has loved it ever since.  I'm not sure why it took me so long to make one, but it turned out to be a fun and fairly simple project.  The fun part is that you can add to the pattern any way you like to personalize her.

The one on the left is Madeline's.  The one on the right now belongs to the lovely Miss Jadelyn.


 I added a skirt and pigtails.  I was nervous about painting her face, but I drew it on with a pencil first and it came together pretty well.


Madeline had fun helping me. She picked out the fabrics, helped me sew and loved stuffing her with fluff. :)


I'm pretty sure every little girl in your life needs a black apple doll. Here is Martha's pattern: Black Apple Doll. Oh and make sure to add seam allowances to the leg and arm patterns. Otherwise, they turn out a little small. If you make one, I'd love to see how it turned out!  Happy sewing.

6 comments:

  1. turned out so cute malerie! i love making those dolls too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! And how fun to have such an enthusiastic helper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You continue to amaze! Lucky Madeline and Jadelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again! Jadelyn loves her new doll. It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are seriously AMAZING! That doll is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure if you will see this comment since it's so late after the post date, but I saw this on Pinterest and love the cute pigtails on your doll. Did you attach those separately or add them to the hair pattern? Would love some pigtails onto the one I am attempting to sew. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete