Friday, October 5, 2012

A Little News...



We are all very excited and happy that so far things look great.  I had an ultrasound yesterday.  I'm about 12 weeks.  I was amazed at how clear that little thing was.  And even the third time, I was giddy watching that baby wriggle and move as I saw those tiny fingers moving around by her face.  Yes, I really think it's a girl.  I guessed right with the first two.  Madeline would be ecstatic, but I have a feeling she'll be happy doting on a baby, be it boy or girl.

We're a little nervous about pre term labor again.  I've been pretty consistent with starting that at 27 weeks in the past. My doctor wants to try having me take progesterone from 16-36 weeks as it is recently known to prevent pre term birth.  Pre term birth hasn't been my problem in the past, but it could help prevent or at least delay early contractions, dilating and effacing.  I feel good about just being able to try something this time.  Hopefully we'll see some results.  My pregnancies haven't been terrible, just mostly inconvenient with 10 weeks of bed rest,  but it's a short amount of time in the big scheme of things and we'll make it work.

We have had a fun month. We spent a week in Washington D.C. and another weekend with Matt's colleagues at a lake cabin. I have a lot to catch up on. Lots of picture posts to follow...

16 comments:

  1. Congrats Mal! So exciting. Yes, hopefully this time around no bed rest for 10 weeks! Sounds like you guys have been having fun. Hopefully your not too sick! Let me know if I can do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Congratulations!! I LOVE Madeline's reaction, she's SO excited!! I'm pretty sure Lia would have an emotional breakdown if we told her another baby was coming, haha. So excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO happy for you guys! And honestly, I got a little teary looking at Madeline's face after you told her. She wasn't talking, but that smile said it all. So sweet.

    And for what it is worth, our #3 and #5 held on the longest. (And #3 was my calmest pregnancy by far, as far as contractions and bed rest.) So I'm sure that will be the case with you. Right?

    RIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so, Linn! You've always been my inspiration. :) When this happened the first time, I remember telling my mom about you and how you were able to have a big family despite preterm labor, so that gave me hope I could, too!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! I'm expecting too! So fun! And we also videoed the boys reaction, although nothing beats that sweet, huge smile on Madeline's face!

    I think a friend of mine recently did the progesterone thing and had a regular labor and delivery. Happy thoughts for you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! How exciting! How far along are you? Now if we only lived in the same city! :(

      Delete
  5. Yeah, Madeline totally gets it:) Her reaction is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Malerie! It just keeps getting more fun and magical and precious with each baby, cause you realize how fleeting childhood is. Your kids are so beautiful. Hang in their with the pregnancy ~ (blah!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot even BELIEVE Madeline! And Charlie too, but mostly Madeline. It's like you just told her that Christmas is coming every single day for the next year. How fun is that? It must seem totally worth it when you realize how important it is for them to have more siblings, and how they want them so badly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I know. She has been asking for a baby sister for about a year, so it probably did feel like Christmas. And I'm excited because I bet she'll be old enough to really be helpful.

      Delete
  8. Hurray for another Baby Weed! Seems like Madeline has always loved babies and of course Charlie is right there in the excitement as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet! The video reminds me of something Madeline said when we were all in Utah for Kate's wedding. She asked Grandma Nette to take our picture, then ran back into the room, saying "This is going to be great!!!" Taylor and I are still quoting her. Seeing her excitement again made me miss you guys so much! Wish we could be around you more often.

    So excited for your growing family! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is so exciting malerie! congratulations! loved the video.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So stinkin happy for you!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!! Three kids is sooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!!!! So exciting! I hope you are feeling okay.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite part is when they both start just squealing with excitement! So happy to hear about your new addition and REALLY wishing I were closer... love you guys.

    ReplyDelete