Monday, November 5, 2012

Our Fall

The weather here in Iowa City has been gorgeous this fall.  Usually, it's sunny and just a little crisp. The leaves turned beautiful colors. Against the fields and old barns, there is a lot of beauty here.  We have this fun orchard near our house with amazing varieties of apples. They really suffered this year because of the warm, dry weather, so we didn't get to pick apples, but we did go let the kids pick out their pumpkins.




 Madeline requested Hello Kitty on her pumpkin and Charlie wanted Curious George.  Matt and I had our work "cut" out for us.  Madeline surprisingly got her little hands in all that goo and made sure it was completely cleaned out - not a seed anywhere.



 Madeline wanted to be Madeline from the books this year.  It was fun to make her costume and even more fun to have her want to be the character that we got her name from.  Charlie was thrilled to be a skunk, and I was happy to have him wear it, since I didn't need to do a thing!  My mom made this cute costume for my oldest nephew 16 years ago!  We pass it around the family. We went to our church party and trunk r treat, which satisfied the kids. We only had one trick or treater, which means we have A LOT of candy left over.  ugh....


We had a fun Halloween and are excited to hunker down and get ready for an Iowa winter.

2 comments:

  1. My usual comment to your posts...TOO CUTE!! I love their costumes! Madeline's is so authentic, and I love the skunk with his bare feet. Your fall looks and sounds gorgeous and makes me want to come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to Wilson's in such a long time. Such a fun place and their little apple pies are so yummy!! I think all your trick or treaters came to our normally dark and quiet street, because our street was so alive and bright this year we ran out of candy! You have such a sweet family.

    ReplyDelete