Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Winter Wonderland?

Not quite...  Everyone warned us about midwest winters and we have yet to see them.  Last year we hardly got any snow and this year we're still waiting.  Some of the coldest days have definitely been bitter, but we're really hoping we get some snow for Christmas.  Despite the lack of white powder, we've been enjoying some winter activities.  We took the kids ice skating.  After a few times around, Madeline started to love it and got a little more confident.  After a few times around for Charlie, he decided he did NOT like it, so he spent some time with me watching. We're a little paranoid about me doing anything while pregnant, so I sat and watched and the kids took turns with their daddy. I feel like such a weenie, but we're 2 for 2 for bed rest and trying our best to delay it this time.





We've also been enjoying many Christmas music and movies. Madeline's favorite is the Jim Carey version of the Grinch. We have neighbors who put up cut outs of the Grinch, Cindy Lou Who and Max the dog and we love seeing them every day and worrying whether he's going to come steal our presents. :)



Since we tend to stick around for Christmas with Matt having to work, we had to get a real Christmas tree. The kids were excited to decorate it, only to find that after seven years, our christmas tree lights all died.  So we had to postpone our decorating party so we could get re stocked with lights. Hopefully they'll last at least another seven years.

I feel like this time of year gets so busy.  I'm trying to relax, enjoy it, enjoy my kids. not have preterm labor :) and remember why we celebrate Christmas and what and who is important.  Somebody might need to send me a reminder each day to keep me on track.   I hope your weeks leading up to Christmas are Merry and Bright.



3 comments:

  1. It must be so hard to try to lay low, not knowing if/when the bedrest order will come. Good for you, though, and no need to feel like a weenie—you're growing a human! Thinking of you! Hope you guys have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sleeping bag and watching movie picture! You do such cute things with your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness so sweet!! This makes me even more excited for more kids and for Oliver to get a little older. I LOVE that you took them ice skating and that they laid down to watch a movie (and stayed there long enough for a picture). Your family is so sweet! I love (and miss) you guys!

    ReplyDelete