Thursday, January 24, 2013

28 Weeks


I'm pretty sure my tummy is the biggest.

Well, I had a dr's appointment today.  It wasn't just any appointment.  27 weeks is the week with my other pregnancies that I started preterm labor and was hospitalized, medicated, bedrested... etc, etc.

I stocked my freezer with dinners, cleaned and organized my house, did my laundry, arranged a babysitter, and even packed an overnight bag anticipating a visit to the hospital.  Well, let me tell you, if you're prepared, it may just not happen!!  That's right.  Although I'm a little dilated, my doctor didn't see any signs of labor and we happily cheered together in the little exam room.

I hesitate even celebrating for fear of jinxing it, but even if things change in the next couple of weeks, I've made it farther than the last two and each week that passes gets a little less scary if things were to happen. And anything less than 10 weeks of bedrest is very welcome. :)

I'm enjoying this pregnancy.  Well, physically, not so much. I have a lot of aches and ligament pains, can't sleep well, can't walk well, whine whine, whine, but I love that it's going fast, that our family is expanding and that the kids are excited.  Madeline loves to feel him move around and Charlie will randomly give my belly little kisses and ask if Baby Weed is sleeping. It will definitely be a transition, but I'm hoping it won't be too terrible adding a third, especially since Matt will be working in a different city all summer.  We may be in for it.  We'll see.

As you can tell from the picture, I tend to stick pretty far out in front.  I'm already getting the questions if I'm due soon and I'm fibbing a little and telling them I have a just a couple of months left.  I don't want to see their faces if I told them how much longer I have. :) I got my mother's genes and carry big and low.  At an ultrasound today they said our little guy was measuring big with a big head.  Great....

Thanks for all of the prayers and positive vibes.  I'm feeling giddy that things are just fine for now.  Here's to taking it easy and telling Matt I need to rest so he has to do the dishes.  I'll be sad when I can't use that excuse anymore.....  :)




9 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you got a good report today! And so great that you are so prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the cutest pregnant lady ever!! I'm so glad you appointment went good today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so adorable! so glad everything is going well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEA! Hopefully no bedrest on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this picture! Love the celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Kari and Amy - You make a cute and adorable pregnant lady, hope I look that good at 27 weeks! And what a fun picture, I don't have many pregnant pics of myself, generally try to avoid the camera except for on the delivery day, but maybe I'll try to take a few fun ones like this one here this time around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mal! You look so dang cute! Glad this pregnancy is going well :) So excited for when your new little one comes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fantastic! Best of luck with the next 12ish weeks. Can't wait to see the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This picture is so funny! So glad you can still be up and around. This will be such
    a lucky little boy to come to your family.

    ReplyDelete