Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Merry Christmas



We had a wonderfully quiet, relaxing Christmas, despite getting hit with several nasty viruses.  We were all pretty sick for the full two weeks. I was glad to have an excuse to hibernate and stay in pajamas.  Matt got a long weekend off, which was fun, and much needed because I'm not sure an eye doctor should be seeing patients when he has bright red, goopy eyes. :)

I loved watching my kids on Christmas morning.  Madeline was up several times the night before asking if it was "time."  It's probably a good thing one of her Christmas gifts was a Hello Kitty clock!
When we all got downstairs, there were some larger presents from Santa, but our kids went straight for the gifts they had given each other. They loved them and were content with just playing with those.  We had to keep reminding them they had more gifts to open.  I'm not sure that will happen when they are older...

We finally got snow, so we got our white Christmas. Both of our families were all gathering at "home" and although I would have loved to be with them, I felt perfectly happy and content with Matt and the kids, which made me feel very blessed.





I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Years!  I'm feeling excited about the coming year with a new baby and Matt's last year in residency.  My new year's goal is basically to survive three kids.  We'll see... :)

1 comment:

  1. I love that they wanted to open their presents from each other and were so happy with those!

    ReplyDelete